About Rep. Jim Ward
An advocate for inclusive growth that empowers individuals to create a better tomorrow, Rep. Jim Ward was a leader in efforts to repeal the failed tax experiment and in promoting responsible budget practices that avoid excessive borrowing. His work is concentrated on ensuring a stable environment that fosters business and job growth, a strong public education system in all Kansas counties, safe streets and neighborhoods, and creating opportunities that allow every Kansan to achieve the American dream.
The Representative currently represents District 86 in southeast Wichita and serves as the Kansas House Minority Leader.
He is a staunch advocate for all Kansans and has dedicated his efforts in the legislature to implementing policies that help working and middle class families.
Rep. Ward previously served on the Wichita City Council, USD 259 Board of Education, and the Kansas Senate. He is a practicing attorney and proud father of two children, Zach and Emily.
A few of the things Jim Ward has accomplished in office:
- Held DCF accountable for children killed in state custody
- Stopped privatization of state hospitals
- Advocated to expand medicaid and protect Medicare
- Fought to keep our schools open
- Introduced legislation to improve gun safety
- Advocated for pay increases for state employees, including corrections officers
- Reinstated the child care tax credit, property tax deductions, and mortgage credit